8.23.2009

Induction Junction, What's your Function...

It is very fitting to title this blog entry with a "shout out" to the classic series School House Rock. After all, as many friends getting ready to slip on the backpack and head to school, I am waiting to drop my "front pack" and have a baby.

Alas, baby disagrees. She has made quite a lovely home inside my uterus. Sounds like Isabella has gone totally "HGTV" in there. She strung up new light fixtures just last week with the help of David Bromstand (Color Splash anyone?) and Vern Yip (Ryan's favorite designer) and now refuses to leave. Despite an eviction notice delivered about 2 weeks ago, she has barricaded herself inside insisting this is prime real estate.

Since she has ignored my requests to leave peacefully, my doctor has decided it is time to intervene. On Friday, after checking progress (which is absolutely none) and separating my membranes (the procedure of removing the "bag of waters" from the uterus in a horrifically painful manner), Doc decided this baby needs some encouragement by way of induction.

I am scheduled to check in to the hotel...er...hospital on Monday evening, August 24th, for the beginning procedures. This involves a "painless" process of receiving medication to ripen the delivery zone. If all goes well, the next morning, I will be give pitocin and begin a painful journey of contractions and labor. Hopefully, baby and I react well, get in sync and manage to push out this tenant. If not, I get a one way ticket to the OR for a c-section. Wicked.




No comments:

Post a Comment