8.15.2009

Dropped?

At 39 weeks.
Wondering if I have dropped.


At 39 weeks.


On Thursday (8.13), I walked into my office ready to start another typical day of government work. For the last few days, my coworkers have gleefully celebrated my daily arrival, hoping that they will win the Baby Watch 2009 pool. However, this day, I received new reactions: "Amelis, you've totally dropped!"

AH! Really? I quickly model my belly to all who will look, flipping from side to side. Yep, they are convinced I have dropped. I quickly call Ryan to share the news. I fight through the rest of the day, cleaning and organizing my desk just in case I don't return the next day.

Well, as it turns out, it is two days later and I am still pregnant. Ryan and I really can't tell if I have dropped, though I am experiencing awesome pressure in my pelvis. Our doctor appointment yesterday hinted at only minor changes, including dilation of a fingertip. I was prescribed lots of walks to hopefully help with progression. Our next appointment is 8.21, one day after our due date. I really hope to miss that appointment....

No comments:

Post a Comment