7.31.2009

Full Term.

I never thought this week would come! No, it is not my due date; that is still a few weeks away. This is the 37th week marking the official Full Term Status. No matter what day I go into labor from here on out, the chances are good that Miss Isabella is ready for the air breathing world. Whoohoo!

As my pregnancy comes to a close, I have noticed a multitude of changes in myself. The obvious is my weight, which is officially 40+ pounds (crap). That continues to be of great concern and I still wholeheartedly believe I am FAT. However once you exceed the recommended 25-35 pounds, you hardly see the motivation to watch your weight. While I still plan to eat well for the little lady, I also plan to enjoy myself. For example, I have discovered McDonald's caramel ice cream sundaes for a dollar. They might be my new best friend. Luckily, I do not live within walking distance to a McD's or I would really be in trouble. McD's, on the other hand, would have the best quarter ever.

Some not so obvious changes include the crazy fluctuation of hormones. I can seriously wake up in great mood then suddenly feel like crying my eyes out. It just happened Wednesday as I drove to work. I drove by the Sonic on 156 & Q and suddenly wanted a milkshake, quickly realized that was disgusting at 8 in the morning and even more quickly realized that I am FAT. This led to a flood of other concerns, including being a FAT mom in horrid mom jeans (classic fit from the GAP). Luckily, I kept the tears at bay until I got home. Not so lucky was Ryan, who got to hear about my irrational fears of being a horrible fat mother with postpartum depression. After a 4 hour "nesting session," I felt much better. The days since have been wonderful!

"Nesting session," you ask? Yes, that is another change as well. I am a nesting machine. Granted, I have never been a fan of scrips and scraps or messes, my distaste has reached a whole new level. This has included bleaching floors, washing windows, dusting WITH polish, cleaning air vents and disinfecting bathrooms with old toothbrushes. Even Maisie cannot avoid my obsession: I have been brushing her teeth (not with the bathroom toothbrush) and brushing her fur daily. I am pretty sure she is plaque and mat free! This is not really an accomplishment she cares about. She is even less amused with my reasoning: "Maisie, you don't want Isabella to think your a street dog." I think she rolled her eyes at me...

On that note, I feel the urge to organize. I plan to update the blog as much as possible in these last few weeks...the countdown has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment