11.23.2009

Baby School.



Isabella's First Day of Baby School



English Definition:
Day Care (n): a supervised daytime care for preschool children usually provided at a center outside the home.

Mommy Definition:
Day Care (n): a stranger whom I pay an arm and leg to raise my baby because I need to/want to/chose to work outside the home. commonly thought of as partial abandonment.

Yeah, so going back to work and sending Isabella to day care was a most horrible experience. No, don't worry...she was totally fine. I was not so fine. I cried for days leading up the the dreaded day. I battled an internal turmoil wondering if I should return to work. Prior to motherhood, I thought I would be bored at home. As it turns out, watching Dr. Oz, Maury, Ellen and Oprah with Baby wasn't so bad and definitely not boring. In order to help myself feel better, I convinced myself it was not daycare but Baby School. Everyone goes to school, right? Why not start early? So, Day Care became Baby School. Then, the day came...

I left Isabella with a capable teacher. She didn't fuss or cry. I was in complete hysterics. The center director walked me out and gave me a hug, ensuring they would care for Isabella. I drove to work, in tears. I walked into work, in tears. I sat at work (not working), in tears. By about 830 or 9 (I start at 730), I finally gained composure. I called the center. Isabella was fine, sleeping like she typically did at that time. Later, I went for a lunchtime visit. She was still fine, though happy to see Mommy (or the boob milk). I returned to work and before I knew it, I was home with baby. Each day thereafter was a little bit easier.

Now, Isabella is into her 4th week of baby school. She has yet to be expelled or start any fights. In fact, I am told she is a model student (I am sure they tell every Mom that).

No comments:

Post a Comment