9.05.2015

Turn Baby Turn.

I'm back. And, yes, I have been juggling a crying baby for the better part of two four months. What else could possible keep me from blogging? So, where was I...

After a healthy cry session, I became obsessed with finding a natural way to turn this baby. "To the Google!" I declared. I am not sure if the amount of information I found was more comforting or concerning. "So this is common," I thought...."Wait, this is COMMON?" With one search, I had millions of blogs, medical Q&A's and natural/homeopathic pages all with different ideas ranging from the simple side lay to a complicated series of acupuncture and yoga. I opted for the least invasive (and expensive) options:

Attempt 1: Lay on your side with a ice pack resting on the area you want the baby to avoid. 
Result: One very pissed off baby who kicked the ice pack until removed.

Attempt 2: Lay on all fours swaying gently to encourage movement.
Result: Pretty sure it put baby to sleep. Relaxing for us both.

Attempt 3: Sitting up with an ice pack on top of my belly and heating pad below my baby.
Result: Lots of turning...

Attempt 4: Hanging off the couch and/or bed upside down.
Result: A headache.

Attempt 5: Placing music below my baby.
Result: Dancing? Moshing? Confirmation the baby can hear and most like does not appreciate my affinity for pop music.

Attempt 6: Visualizing baby turning, followed by verbal coaching prompts.
Result: I usually fell asleep.

Attempt 7: Rubbing my belly in a clockwise motion, pushing whatever baby body part I encountered down. 
Result: Lots of turning...

By the end of the week and the dawn of my next appointment, I thought for sure this little one would be ready for exit stage down.




No comments:

Post a Comment