5.18.2009

Welcome to Pregnancy.


Relax! Your wishes have been fulfilled. For many moons, you have pleaded for a blog about my insights on the 40 weeks of pregnancy. I hope this will satisfy your thirst for the secrets mothers seem to forget once the bundle of joy arrives. I promise to be honest so that you may be better prepared to either be a pregnant lady or the partner to a pregnant lady. Please note, that you will need to request information about weeks 0 through 25, as this blog is starting now. Because those early weeks were oh so pleasant, I make the choice not to relive them. 

On to pregnancy: I am 26 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Per my estimation, I have gained 21 pounds (measured this week on at home scale; this varies on the doctor scale). This falls in the normal range, but I still think I am fat. The fact that a whole other human occupies my gut does little to squelch my fears of weight gain and becoming a "fatty-boom-boom." Should I gain no more than 3 pounds in the next two weeks, I will remain in the safe zone (normal range). For you non/never-been pregnant people (NPPs), controlling your weight gain is pretty much out of your control in pregnancy. You can eat well and exercise (ok, I don't), but you're still going to gain weight. Enjoy it now NPP. For should you ever find yourself pregnant, you will not feel better about yourself by watching the Biggest Loser or Celebrity Fit Club. 

Embedded is my 26 week photo. For the record, my next blog will chart my "growth." 


3 comments:

  1. As PPP (post pregnant person) the weight gain is a nasty poo-poo head for about 4 months post pregnancy. Never fear! It does come off! Not like those freaks in People magazine, but it does melt off....eventually. Ama Mama, you look beautiful- believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl,
    As Jeff says it will come off and you will look great again...look at your mother,I still look great and I will be a an abuela soon. ( could probably work on it better but dad love's me anyway) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cous,

    Love the pics, can't wait to see her. You look awesome... Oh I loved Titi's comment, look at our moms they look fav after all these years.. You go back to be normal in No time. Love ya

    ReplyDelete